Academic Reinstatement for the 2015 Autumn Semester
Students expected to return to school 2015 Autumn Semester must apply reinstatement during the designated period (Monday, August 3, 2015 - Monday, August 10, 2015) with approval of your academic advisor and the head of your department/division on the Academic System. (According to the Academic Rules and Regulation Section 4, Article 34, returning students failing to register or to pay their tuition fees during the registration period are subject to dismissal from their program.)
* 2015 August Semester begins on Monday August, 31
1. Application of Reinstatement
A. Apply reinstatement on the Academic System(Academic Records-Apply School register change) during the designated period (Monday, August 3, 2015. ～ Monday, August 10, 2015.) and get approvals from your advisor and the head of department through the Academic System.
※ Students failing to apply reinstatement will be dismissed in accordance with the Academic Rules and Regulations
B. Students who are on leave of absence due to their military service must attach one copy of their resident certificate on which their duration of the service and the date of discharge are written on the Academic System.
※ Students expected to be discharged from the military service should apply for reinstatement along with the certificate of discharge or the certificate of military service, or other documents which can prove their service issued by their military unit on the Academic System.
C. Information of a guarantor who approve the reinstatement, must be included in the Reinstatement application. After a student applies for it, he/she should get approvals of an academic advisor and the head of department on the Academic System.
※ Undergraduates: their parent's information
※ Master's and Doctoral students
- general scholarship: information of the head of organization granting the scholarship
- national scholarship, or KAIST scholarship: their parent's information
2. Tuition payment (via internet or electronic bank service)
Payment methods and individual payment status will be announced on of the KAIST Home Page early August. Students can pay the fees using internet banking or CD/ATM.
3. Matters to be attended to for students on leave of absence due to military service
A. Military leave of absence: If students are discharged from military service earlier than the approved deadline of their leave of absence, they have to return to school the semester immediately before the semester in which the date of discharge springs.
B. If the date of discharge happens to be later than the deadline of leave of absence, the certificate of military service (signed by a commander of their military unit) should be attached along with the reinstatement application on the Academic System.
C. Students on military leave of absence (who completed their military service) wanting to return to school can register for courses until the last day of Add/drop period. Registration is not possible after the Add/drop period.
5. For more information please contact the Academic registrar's Team
- Undergraduate program: 042-350-2367
- Graduate program (master's and doctoral) : 042-350-2368, 02-958-3212(College of Business)
* Attachments : Notice of new computerized service of apply for leave of absence/return to school/etc.